Mohican Trail 100 Start 2010
Sponsors: Hammer Nutrition, Darn Tough Socks, Mansfield Running Club, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland Foot and Ankle Institute, Northeast Ohio Running Club, Cleveland West Roadrunners Club, Mohican Adventures, Mohican RV Center, Communications by Amateur Radio, IDUTRI.
2014 Race: Sat-Sun June 21-22, 2014 Pasta dinner on Friday, June 20
Mark your calendar NOW for the 2015 Race: Sat.-Sun June 20-21, Pasta dinner on Friday, June 19
START TIMES: June 21
Mohican 100 mile run: 5AM
Mohican 50 mile run: 6AM
Mohican Marathon: 8AM
LOCATION: Mohican Adventures located just one mile from Loudonville on State Route 3 South.
For 25 years, The Mohican Trail 100 Mile Run, often referred to as the MO100, has become one of the nation’s premier ultra-marathons. Home of the first ever USATF Ultra Running Championship in 2005, Mohican is reportedly the fifth oldest ultra-running race in the USA.
Traverse 95% Trail along a challenging course winding its way through the lush 5000 acre Mohican Memorial State Forest. Along with the 100, The Mohican 50-Mile and Marathon distances have become increasingly popular, offering runners a taste of the whole enchilada. Rest assured is that whatever distance you choose, Mohican volunteers will be there to help you complete your journey.
Ask a Mohican finisher and you will find that Mohican volunteers have become re-known for the level of personal service offered to MO’s hopeful runners. As you run, you will be following in the foot-steps of many legendary MO Runners who have taken the Mohican Challenge, including famed Caballo Blanco of the national bestseller “Born to Run” who completed the Mohican 50 as one of the final races in his much celebrated life journey. Take the first step toward your Mohican journey by entering or volunteering today!
The Mohican Trail 100 is a qualifier for the North Face Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc in France
Mohican is also the second stop of the second annual Midwest Grand Slam
NEW for 2014, Mohican is a stop on the Trail Runner Trophy Series
Whether you are an experienced ultra-marathoner or just looking for your first off-road Marathon, 50 mile or 100 mile race, MO should be on YOUR Must-Do list.
Online Registration for the 2014 Race will open January 1
Online Registration Closes:
TEN TIME FINISHERS: All 10 time 100 mile finishers receive complimentary race entry.
Simply email email@example.com to receive your personal registration code.
All registration cut offs end at 9pm on the date specified using Eastern Standard Time.
100 Mile Race
$175 before February 1 / $200 before April 1 / $225 before June 1 / $250 after May 31
50 Mile Race
$95 before February 1 / $115 before April 1 / $135 before June 1 / $150 after May 31
$55 before February 1 / $65 before April 1/ $75 before June 1/ $125 after May 31
REFUND POLICY: Half of the registration fee can be refunded until May 15. No refunds will be made after May 15. For a refund, please send an email to Registration Director, Amy Kaylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
TRANSFER POLICY: Racers can transfer their race registration by sending an email with complete information to email@example.com There is a $15 transfer fee for administration costs.
SWITCHING from 100 mile to 50 mile or Marathon: Because racers often do not know how their bodies will perform until just before race day, switching to a shorter distance is allowed. There is no refund of the difference in entry fee. You must let us know at packet pickup. No race day changes allowed. Please do not email or call to switch distances.
COMP Policy: Complimentary entries awarded to race winners, aid station captains, and all others expire within one year and can only be used for the year following the award. Complimentary entries cannot be used several years after they awarded.
LATE REGISTRATION: After online registration closes at 9pm on June 16, 100 mile and 50 mile racers can only register at the race on Friday, June 20. Mohican Marathon racers can register on Saturday morning, June 21, beginning at 6am. No registration for the 50 or 100 mile races will be available on Saturday morning.
- Cash Awards for top finishers plus prizes
- Qualifier for the Mont-Blanc: The Mohican Trail 100 is a qualifier for the North Face Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc in France.
- 100-MILE BUCKLE: Runners who complete the 100 mile course within the 32 hour time limit earn a custom Mohican 100 Mile Buckle.
- 50+ FINISHERS MEDAL: Runners who do not finish the full 100 but complete at least 50 miles will receive a Custom Mohican 50+ Finishers Medal.
- 1000 MILE BUCKLE: Runners who complete ten Mohican 100 races earn the Custom 1000 mile TEN TIME FINISHERS BUCKLE upon ten completions of the Mohican 100 mile race.
- 50 MILE FINISHERS MEDAL: Runners who complete the 50 mile race receive a 50 mile finisher’s medal. Runners who complete the Mohican Marathon will receive a Mohican Marathon finisher’s medal.
- LAST OF THE MOHICANS: The last person who finishes the 100 mile race within the 32 hour time limit receives a special “Last of the Mohicans” award. While the award itself varies from year to year, the theme references Indians, forest animals, eagles, etc. These are standard awards. Cash and prizes will be awarded as well.